Monday, July 7, 2008

Cinema 4D Script - Rewind and Play


I've been working on some animations recently in Cinema and have found a lot of the time I'm working with the timeline in 'simple' mode, ie I set a play range using the powerslider and then rewind and play a particular sequence to see the transitions in the poses. I have cycle switched off as I want to see the last frame held.

While doing this it occurred to me that it would be useful to have a 'rewind and play' button instead of hitting both buttons each time. So to make things handier I made a very simple script that calls both commands and made an icon for it and added it to my layout. I thought I'd make it available for download from here in case someone else finds it useful.

To Install -
Just put the script in the Library>Scripts folder and then on restarting Cinema you can drag it from the script manager or command manager (search for 'rewind and play') into a layout to have it as a button, save the new layout and done..

If you push the button while the timeline is playing it will just rewind and stop as the play command toggles, but of course you can double click to jump back to the start and play which is still quicker than clicking on two different icons.

You can download the script here.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments: